Media Justice, refers to an analytical framework and a regional, grassroots movement led by historically disenfranchised communities to transform media and cultural production, rights, and policy in the service of social justice.
The 6 core principles guiding our Media Justice vision, analysis & strategy:
- Communication is a fundamental human right.
- Communications and cultural infrastructure should be public and used to empower communities.
- Media strategy and policy are core movement-building strategies.
- Movement building demands participatory communications and organizing.
- Strategic stories can change the game.
- Media Justice is a powerful program for change. Not just to transform media rules and rights, but to claim our stories and frame our future.